Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter 2011

image
image
Lady of the Lake Easter cruise

Lady of the Lake Easter cruise

I finally had family come for a visit. The weekend went by really fast but we had a lot of fun. I wish all of my sisters could have been here but that will have to be another trip I guess.
Mom flew in Friday night and it stopped raining about an hour before she got here. April flew in Saturday morning and them we headed down to downtown Charlotte. Total bust. 10:30 in the morning and NOTHING was open. The town looked Luke a ghost town. We headed to the mall and did some shopping and hit the movie theatre. Then we headed up to Mooresville and I showed them downtown. I love downtown Mooresville because it's so small town feeling. We spent a lot of time in an antique store just looking at all of the old things they have there. for dinner we went to Cracker Barrel because April had never been. Crazy huh?
Sunday we were just lazy in the morning then went on our Easter cruise. I love it. The boat just meandered around Lake Norman while we enjoyed a nice lunch and beautiful sightseeing of amazing houses on the lake. After lunch we headed to Lazy 5 Ranch. April wanted to check it out but I was a little worried because we all know how clinically insane April is about animals. My fears were unwarranted. The place now has April's stamp of approval which I honestly thought was impossible to get. Check out April's FB for pics.
Monday we went to Waffle House. I promised myself when I moved out here that I would never EVER eat at one but I broke that promise for family. It's not a bad place but I like IHOP a lot more. After Waffle House I introduced Mom and April to Ollie's which is a discount store kind of like Big Lots. After that we stopped by my work for a brief moment then went to NTI to take a tour of my school. There was another graduate on the tour with us. He graduated in 2007. After that tour we went to JR Motorsports then I dragged them down to MWR (Michael Waltrip Racing) and made them go on a tour there. It's one of the race shops and they actual take you on a tour behind the scenes and you can go on a catwalk above the work area and see them working on cars. We finished the night by going to dinner at a "place we don't have back West" which ended up being Bojangles. It's a fast food chicken place. They spice up the fries and the chicken bites were (surprise surprise) too spicy for Mom's taste. All and all I would say it was a successful weekend. I can't say as much about putting pictures on here. I have tried three times and it keeps cutting Mom out. hopefully this last try will work on one of the pics. If not...I'm sorry Mom but I'm done trying. :-)





1 comment:

Penny said...

LOL, LOOKS LIKE YOU ALL HAD FUN, HOPEFULLY NEXT TIME, I CAN MAKE IT TOO.