Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A need to knit...and other stuff :-)

Camo cap

Camo cap

Somewhere out of the blue I got a sudden urge to want to knit. Only slightly odd since I have never knitted before. Grandma Larsen tried to teach me how when I was little but I got so frustrated with how you have to wind the yarn around your hand that I gave up. Needless to say I decided it was high time I try again so I bought a book, some needles and some yarn and voila I am now a successful knitter! I now have a few different types of needles (I'm loving the circular needles) and a few different colors of yarn and I've made a few beanies.

After successfully knitting a few hats I started to get a completely different urge. Next on my list of random things to start doing was to cook...from scratch. I went to our old family website and copied down a few recipes. what has gotten into me? I'm feeling all domesticated like some wild animal! I have made (in the last week mind you): Jody's chicken casserole, Creamed Tuna on Toast, chocolate mousse, dinner crepes and Grandma Jam!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I am the proud owner of hat number 2 and I must add that- as with pretty much everything you do- you totally rock at the knitting.
For the record- I LOVE that you updated your blog. :)